Monday 28 October 2013

Topp Dogg

My kpop buddy Alana, recently became interested in this new boy band called ToppDogg. I really wanted to do a post on this because I haven't done many band reviews yet!

ToppDogg consists of thirteen members: B-jooHojoonP-GoonYano, Nakta, A-TomXeroJenissiSeogoongSangdo,Hansol, Kidoh, and Gohn. They held a showcase on Oct 22, and debuted on the 24th with their 1st Mini Album, Doggs Out, and their title song, say it. They are under Stardom Entertainment. 

They go under the hip hop style, music wise. I've taken the time to analyse and listen to their album, and I've got to say, I was impressed, especially for a rookie group. I feel like the songs were more for dance, rather than the melody, but I found many songs very catchy. Most members also already have twitter. I"d give the album a 7/10, considering that they did incredibly well for a rookie group. Also, I took into consideration that some members composed the lyrics and melodies!

The title song was called "Say It" was definitely very catchy, as the words were really competitive. I didn't really like the word they used. If you are a non-korean, or a slow listener in general, you could hear the word "malohey mallow". I don't know how I felt about that. The group showed aggressiveness and masculinity through out the mv with strong and sharp dance moves. I'd give the video a 6/10, because I feel that recurring theme of heavily filtered and blurred mvs throughout many different videos. It's kind of boring when you watch things with the same theme all the time. THe theme felt like Infinite's Destiny, and so much more videos this year. Also, I don't really get the names of the members. Like, seriously, why make weird american names, when you can stick to easy to remember korean names?

Say IT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP4_zjzXNRE&list=UUQpdzqBK-ZGfy_RHxe_OyEQ

1st Mini Album:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gpn0qOWcSU



















No comments:

Post a Comment